Keeping your school website up to date needn’t be a chore. Here are few pointers to help simplify the process and get the most of out of your school website.
- Ensure your website uses a reliable and simple content management system (CMS). Don’t just rely on your web designer to update your website – a good CMS lets you take control!
- Add news and events to your website. If your school is having a charity event make sure you tell everyone about it. Use your website to promote events and activities and market your school. After the event you can follow it up by telling readers how much money you raised.
- Keep your website fresh and engaging by adding Youtube videos and photos to news and events pages.
- Make sure you keep existing information up to date, paying particular attention to the Ofsted specified ‘key’ information. In addition term dates, staff and governor information and school policies may also need regular updates.
- Keeping on top of your school website can be difficult to manage in a busy school. However, by assigning responsibilities and involving several members of staff you can spread the workload and make sure your school website gets the attention it deserves.
Your school website is often the first point of contact with pupils, parents and stakeholders. Regular updates will not only provide valuable information but give your school marketing the edge.
Design for Schools design and build outstanding school websites and school prospectuses for primary schools, secondary schools and academy schools across the UK. With our simple to use CMS, creative designs and expert advice we can your school achieve the perfect school website.
Call us today on 0161 883 0043 to find out more.